Sunday, October 2, 2011

Magical Goal Weight Bracelet

This was posted on the 'ol FB by a friend of mine who found it equally offensive. Here are my thoughts.

Goal Weight Bracelet:  Whaaaaat.




1. It does not cost $12.95 to send that bracelet through the mail, unless you are transporting it via a horse-drawn chariot.

2. If you are gonna harp on women to lose weight, you shouldn't tag your product "loose weight" because then only other people who don't know how to use the correct spelling of "lose" will find your stupid bracelet. 

3. Also, don't include the correct spelling and the misspelling, it makes you look like a harpy preying on women who are insecure about their weight--oh wait, that accurately describes you. Good job. Continue on, then. 

4. The occasion this is for is listed as weddings. That's especially rude. 

5. Maybe I should wear this bracelet while I take a dump, cause then I will feel like the bracelet's magical powers caused me to "loose" weight (it is inscribed with my initials, you know, making it extra unicorn sparkles special).....  or maybe it was the laxatives I took because I'm still curvy, but now hating myself, to "loose" weight because this bracelet is a fuck all.

6. "Each of us deserves to feel healthy, confident, gorgeous and more energetic."........yes, by not wearing your stupid bracelet that constantly reminds me of how shitty I am at moving more and eating less. Maybe I will weigh less if I just don't wear your ton of ugly on my wrist.

6. I can buy your shit bracelet wholesale for $4 apiece. http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/toggle+bracelet.html Your $79.97 price tag (oooh, nice pricing scheme, did you go to business school to learn that clever trick?) isn't fooling anyone. This had better be made out of .925 sterling silver that was mined by magical talking chimps, fed to a leopard, and shit out, permanently altering the silver, giving it magical weight loss powers. Or else you're robbing people, and that's not classy.

Moral of the story:  Ladies, save money and buy a shitty, ugly bracelet wholesale so you can feel as shitty and ugly about yourself as that bracelet looks. Or just love yourself for who you are and how you look.

I also reported your ass to Etsy for passing off a wholesale item as a "handmade good."  So there.

1 comment:

  1. Doesnt matter if you reported them, Etsy doesn't punish resellers. They ignore them entirely because they make money off them

    ReplyDelete